Residential Roof Cleaning
WHAT ARE THOSE STAINS ON MY ROOF?
- The main culprit of most roof staining that causes prevalent black streaks is a bacteria called Gloeocapsa Magma. Many of the organisms that grow on a roof, including mildew, algae, bacteria, moss, lichen, and fungi, copulate in the warm, moist environment created by a roof Gloeocapsayu Asphalt Shingles: Bacteria feed on the limestone found in asphalt shingles. Heavy dark streaks or masses mean more damage. This creates erosion and granular loss, causing them to weaken, discolor, harden and crack, resulting in replacement sooner
- Cedar Shakes: Mosses and algae hold in moisture which deteriorates and rots the surface beneath, ending in a shorter life span for your cedar shake roof
WHY SOFT WASH YOUR ROOF?
- Cleaner roofs look better, last longer and increase home value
- Our soft washing application and solutions not only clean stains, but also sanitize, penetrate, and eliminate the root of the issue, resulting in a safer longer lasting clean
- Manufacturer recommended method by ARMA (Asphalt Roofing Manufacturers Association) and GAF (North America’s Largest Roofing Manufacturer) or cleaning asphalt shingle roofs
- “Caution! NEVER PRESSURE WASH YOUR ROOF! High pressure washing systems are likely to damage asphalt roofing and should not be used on asphalt roofing for removing algae or for any other purpose.”
NEGATIVE IMPACTS OF A DIRTY ROOF
- Higher Utility Bills: Bacteria causes your roof to absorb heat, making your home work harder and cost more money to cool
- Unsightly Curb Appeal: Ugly roof stains cosmetically bring down the appeal and value of your property
- Increased Allergies: Bacteria creates an increase in allergic reactions for people who are allergen prone
- Decreased Resale/Home Value: A new roof is a costly investment. Home buyers will pay more for a roof that is properly cleaned
- Lesser Life Span of Roof: Bacteria feeds on organic material and breaks down the surface, which decomposes and needs replacement sooner, especially if pressure washing is used
- Insurance Companies Can Drop Coverage: Insurance companies have been reported to warn and even drop coverage for roofs that are heavily infested
Soft washing is a safe & eco-friendly way to improve curb appeal & increase lifespan!
- Wood Shaker